Happy Thanksgiving-week eve!! Thanksgiving is such a lovely time to go home, see family, eat amazing food, shop at crazy discounts, and relax before the chaos of the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Pink Wednesday is a tradition my mom and I began last year that I am excited to share with y’all!!
Pink Wednesday is my version of Black Friday. It is the day before Thanksgiving. During Pink Wednesday, my mom and I travel to Duxbury and the Cape for a fun visit with our family friends and to thrift down the coast.
The Spots We Hit
- Marylou’s Coffee– This is my FAVORITE coffee shop of all time. It’s a south shore thing, so they aren’t located near me at home or at school. Essentially, the shop is bright pink and all the flavors are loaded with sugar. My favorite and go-to flavor is Turtle. Marylou’s also has unique flavors like banana split, strawberry shortcake, minty lou, mochanilla nut, and cinnamon hazelnut fluff.
- Nauset Beach- The namesake of our chocolate lab, Nauset.Obviously, the conditions in November are not the same as the ideal conditions of July, but it’s the nostalgia and the love for a place you’ve grown up visiting that matters!
- Saint Joan of Arc Catholic Church Thrift Shop– Do not ever sleep on Church thrift stores!!! Their prices are insanely cheaper than any other thrifts we tend to visit. This cute thrift store has a collection of books ($1 books- literally ONE dollar for hardcover books and 50 cents for paperbacks), clothing, decorations, glassware, and jewelry. I have gotten some of my President books here for a stellar price. In the past, I have also found a stunning flowy Free People top, Vineyard Vines leggings, vintage black and gold earrings I wear for business events and chapter, and elegant glassware.
- The Anchor– An amazing little restaurant in Duxbury. We meet up with our friends at this point and enjoy a lovely little lunch before we continue shopping and thrifting. Their burrito bowls are to die for!
- Apricot Lane Boutique– Stunning boutique in Duxbury that carries a gorgeous line of dresses, clothing, accessories, and jewelry. The workers are always so friendly and helpful! Everytime I am there, I want to buy everything!
- Three Buoys and a Mermaid- A preppy and trendy gift store with the cutest candles, decorations, and small gifts. Perfect for the holiday and gift shopping season. They carry the Farm + Sea candles which are an ideal gift for your boyfriend’s mom, a white elephant, or your aunt!(Or anyone!)
- Duxbury Thrift and Consignment– We have had amazing thrift luck here in the past! I have thrifted some of my favorite Lilly Pulitzer dresses and my Nantucket bell-sleeve sweatshirt from this thrift!
I have such a love for Orleans and Duxbury. Truly, two of my favorite places on Earth that I wish I could spend all of my time. Pink Wednesday is a newer, but very special Thanksgiving tradition I share with my mom! I will be vlogging all of the content, so don’t forget to follow me on all my socials! <3